An authentic Vietnamese soup that will be great for chilly winter nights… This richly flavored soup of shrimp, crab, vegetables and noodles are simmered in freshly made and hearty pork broth.
Instant Pot Shrimp & Crab Soup Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 2 lb pork ribs
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil divided
- 3 large shallots halved
- 1 carrot peeled and chopped roughly
- 5 tsp granulated sugar divided
- as required salt
- 2 tbsp fish sauce divided
- 11 cups water
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 2 lb raw shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 shallot chopped
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lb lump crabmeat
- 10 ounce udon noodles prepared according to package's directions
- 3 scallions chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves chopped
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- In a pan of the boiling water, add the pork ribs and cook for about 4 minutes.
- Drain the pork ribs and rinse well.
- Place 1 tablespoon of the oilin the Instant Pot and select “Sauté”. Now, add the halved 3 shallots and cook for about 2-3 minutes.
- Press “Cancel” and stir in the pork ribs, carrot, 4 teaspoons of sugar, salt, 1 tablespoon of fish sauce and 10 cups of water.
- Secure the lid and turn to “Seal” position.
- Cook on “Manual” with “High Pressure” for about 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, add the shrimp, 1 teaspoon of sugar, salt and remaining fish sauce and mix well.
- Set aside for about 10 minutes.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of oil in a large pan over medium heat and sauté the chopped shallot for about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and sauté for about 1 minute.
- Add the marinated shrimp and cook for about 2-3 minutes.
- With tongs, transfer the shrimp into a bowl.
- In the same skillet, add the crabmeat and toss with shallot mixture.
- Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Press “Cancel” and allow a natural release for about 15 minutes and then, do a quick release.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, add the cornstarch and remaining water and mix well.
- Carefully, remove the lid and through a fine mesh strainer, strain the broth.
- Return the broth into the Instant Pot and select “Sauté”.
- Add the cornstarch mixture, stirring continuously and cook for about 2-3 minutes.
- Divide the cooked noodles, shrimp and crabmeat into 6 serving bowls and top with the hot broth.
- Top each bowl with scallion, mint and lime wedges and serve.
This recipe is part of our FREE Instant Pot Recipe Index, a huge collection of 1140 original and delicious recipes. If you love the recipe, please pin and share it. Thanks!
Instant Pot Recipes? Corrie Cooks