It is an Indian dish with savoury aroma and flavoursome taste.
This pressure cooker Rajma Masala is a treat for kidney beans lovers and is quite healthy as well.
- 1 cup red kidney beans soaked for 4 hours in water
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 inch ginger finely chopped
- 5 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 green chili cut into large pieces
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 tomato chopped
- 2 cups water
- cilantro to garnish
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- Add oil, ginger, garlic and green chili in the inner pot of Instant pot. Select “Sauté”.
- After 45 seconds, add chopped onions.
- Then, sauté for about 5 minutes and add chopped tomatoes, spices and salt.
- Again, sauté for about 3 minutes and add soaked beans and water and press the “Cancel” button.
- Close the lid of Instant pot and press the “Manual” button.
- Cook for about 30 minutes on HIGH pressure and release the pressure naturally through the steam vent.
- Open the lid and mix well.
- Dish out and garnish with butter and cilantro.
- Serve and enjoy!
Calories: 115kcal Carbohydrates: 15g Protein: 5g Fat: 4g Saturated Fat: 1g Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g Monounsaturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 1g Sodium: 637mg Potassium: 260mg Fiber: 5g Sugar: 2g Vitamin A: 156IU Vitamin C: 5mg Calcium: 36mg Iron: 2mg
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.