A wonderful recipe of a quinoa breakfast porridge that is creamy, healthy and enriched with proteins… Addition of apples, pecans and honeygives a higher nutritious touch to this porridge.
Instant Pot Quinoa & Apple Bowl Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 minute
Total Time: 16 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked white quinoa rinsed
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 cup cold-pressed apple juice
- 3/4 cup apple cored and grated
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup pecans chopped
- In the pot of Instant Pot, add water, quinoa and cinnamon stick and stir to combine well.
- Secure the lid and turn to “Seal” position.
- Cook on “Manual” with “High Pressure” for about 1 minute.
- Press “Cancel” and allow a natural release for about 10 minutes and then, do a quick release.
- Remove the lid and with a fork, fluff the quinoa.
- Discard the cinnamon stick and transfer quinoa into a bowl.
- Add the apple juice, apple, raisins and honey and stir to combine
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight.
- Add yogurt and stir to combine.
- Serve immediately with the topping of pecans.
This recipe is part of our FREE Instant Pot Recipe Index, a huge collection of 1139 original and delicious recipes. If you love the recipe, please pin and share it. Thanks!
Instant Pot Recipes? Corrie Cooks