Almond coffee custard is an amazing dessert filled with a rich taste. To make it more pleasing serve with nuts and whipped cream.
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup sugar ground
- 5 eggs 3 whole and 2 yolks
- 2 cups milk
- 1/3 cup sugar grounded
- 1/2 cup cream whipped
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 12-14 almond roasted and chopped
- 2 tbsp almond syrup
- 1 tsp coffee powder engrossed in hot water
- salt to taste
- For caramel:
Take a pan and add sugar in it, let it cook on high heat.
- Frequently turn around the pan so the sugar is melted and becomes brown in color.
- Line the custard cups with caramel and put it aside.
- For custard:Take a large mixing bowl, put eggs, grounded sugar and just a little bit of salt in it. Whisk it well.
- Take a saucepan add milk and coffee powder and heat it on the medium heat till the bubbles are formed
- Add it to the egg mixture slowly to temper the eggs.
- Add whipped cream, almond syrup and vanilla extract into the mixture and whisk it.
- Fill the caramel cups with this mixture after straining and cover the cups with aluminum foil.
- Adjust the trivet in an instant pot, pour water in it and place the cups on the trivet.
- Secure the pot with lid and coo for 6 minutes on manual “high” pressure.
- Release the pressure naturally.
- Put the custards cups in refrigerator before serving and top with nuts.
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.