Quail meat is famous in most parts of the world for its deep and inviting taste.
Try this special quail tortellini to enjoy most of its flavor.
Instant Pot Quail Tortellini Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 3 slices bacon
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 shallots peeled and diced
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley
- 3 lb boneless quail breasts
- 1 small carrot diced
- 18 oz dreid cheese tortellini
- 1 tsp tarragon leaves
- 2 cups rooster broth
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- salt and pepepr to season
- Select “Sauté” function on the Instant Pot pressure cooker.
- Add bacon to its cooking pot and sauté until crispy.
- Transfer the bacon to a plate and set it aside.
- Add butter, shallots and parsley to the cooker and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Stir in quail chunks, carrot, tarragon, broth and tortellini.
- Secure the lid and cook on “Manual” setting at high pressure for 6 minutes.
- Release the steam through quick pressure release then remove the lid.
- Mix 3 tbsp. butter with flour in a bowl.
- Add this mixture to the cooker and mix well.
- Stir in cheese, cream and milk.
- Cook on “Sauté” for few minutes until thick.
- Serve warm.
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.