This potato leek soup is a great treat to everyone. Its main ingredient arepotatoes and leeksand has many benefits for our health. Creamy, delicious and light soup!
Instant Pot Potato Leek Soup Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 7 minutes
Total Time: 22 minutes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp butter
- 5 large leeks chopped and green part trimmed off
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1 lb gold potatoes cubed
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- Turn on the instant pot, select sauté and let it hot.
- Add in leeks, stir and cook them until they are soft.
- Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds, stirring frequently.
- Sprinkle flour, stir and cook for 1 minute.
- Pour in broth and deglaze.
- Add bay leaf, salt, pepper, potatoes and stir.
- Close the lid on the instant pot and set the valve to sealing.
- Set the instant pot to “Manual” at high pressure for 7 minutes, release the pressure naturally for 15 minutes.
- Open the lid of the instant pot and stir the soup.
- Remove bay leaf and using an immersion blender puree it.
- Stir in heavy cream and serve hot.
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.