This potato leek soup is a great treat to everyone. Its main ingredient arepotatoes and leeksand has many benefits for our health. Creamy, delicious and light soup!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp butter
- 5 large leeks chopped and green part trimmed off
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1 lb gold potatoes cubed
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- Turn on the instant pot, select sauté and let it hot.
- Add in leeks, stir and cook them until they are soft.
- Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds, stirring frequently.
- Sprinkle flour, stir and cook for 1 minute.
- Pour in broth and deglaze.
- Add bay leaf, salt, pepper, potatoes and stir.
- Close the lid on the instant pot and set the valve to sealing.
- Set the instant pot to “Manual” at high pressure for 7 minutes, release the pressure naturally for 15 minutes.
- Open the lid of the instant pot and stir the soup.
- Remove bay leaf and using an immersion blender puree it.
- Stir in heavy cream and serve hot.
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.