Bring a new twist to the traditional Au gratin recipe and top it with crispy bacon. Always serve warm for best taste.
- 1 cup water
- 8 potatoes peeled and diced
- 10 slices bacon crisp and golden brown
- 2 cups Béchamel sauce
- 1 cup cheddar cheese grated
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper to season
- nutmeg powder
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- milk optional – only required for thinning sauce if too thick
- Add water to the Instant Pot and set the steamer basket inside.
- Place potato in the basket and secure the lid
- Cook on “Manual” function for 5 minutes at high pressure.
- Release the pressure completely and transfer the drained potatoes into a bowl.
- Heat butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add garlic and Béchamel sauce, combined cheese and nutmeg powder.
- Mix well until smooth then add milk.
- Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Add steamed potatoes.
- Transfer the mixture to a casserole dish and top it with bacon slices, breadcrumbs and cheese.
- Bake for about 5 minutes in a preheated oven.
- Slice and serve.
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.