Bring a new twist to the traditional Au gratin recipe and top it with crispy bacon. Always serve warm for best taste.
Instant Pot Potato Au Gratin with Bacon Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 cup water
- 8 potatoes peeled and diced
- 10 slices bacon crisp and golden brown
- 2 cups Béchamel sauce
- 1 cup cheddar cheese grated
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper to season
- nutmeg powder
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- milk optional – only required for thinning sauce if too thick
- Add water to the Instant Pot and set the steamer basket inside.
- Place potato in the basket and secure the lid
- Cook on “Manual” function for 5 minutes at high pressure.
- Release the pressure completely and transfer the drained potatoes into a bowl.
- Heat butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add garlic and Béchamel sauce, combined cheese and nutmeg powder.
- Mix well until smooth then add milk.
- Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Add steamed potatoes.
- Transfer the mixture to a casserole dish and top it with bacon slices, breadcrumbs and cheese.
- Bake for about 5 minutes in a preheated oven.
- Slice and serve.
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.