This Mexican recipe is amazing with different sauces used in it, its taste gets better and better. You and your family will love it.
- 3 ounce pumkin seeds
- 2 1/2 lb chicken
- 1 lb tomatillos
- 1 onion roughly chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper roughly chopped
- 1 poblano pepper roughly chopped
- 6 cup chicken stock
- 2 tbsp dried oregano
- salt to taste
- fresh cilantro leaves
- 28 ounce canned white hominy drained
- Turn on the instant pot and select sauté.
- Add pumpkin seeds in it and sauté for 4 minutes.
- Take out the seeds in a bowl and set them aside.
- Add chicken, tomatillos, onion, chicken stalk, peppers, oregano, epazote, salt in the instant pot.
- Bring it to boil.
- Close the lid of the instant pot.
- Set the instant pot to “Manual” at high pressure for 40 minutes, release the pressure naturally through steam vent.
- Open the lid of the instant pot and transfer chicken on the serving plate.
- Add pumpkin seeds and cilantro in a blend and blend until smooth.
- Now add this in the instant pot.
- Shred chicken and add it in the instant pot.
- Mix well and serve.
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.