This Mexican recipe is amazing with different sauces used in it, its taste gets better and better. You and your family will love it.
Instant Pot Posole verde Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 3 ounce pumkin seeds
- 2 1/2 lb chicken
- 1 lb tomatillos
- 1 onion roughly chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper roughly chopped
- 1 poblano pepper roughly chopped
- 6 cup chicken stock
- 2 tbsp dried oregano
- salt to taste
- fresh cilantro leaves
- 28 ounce canned white hominy drained
- Turn on the instant pot and select sauté.
- Add pumpkin seeds in it and sauté for 4 minutes.
- Take out the seeds in a bowl and set them aside.
- Add chicken, tomatillos, onion, chicken stalk, peppers, oregano, epazote, salt in the instant pot.
- Bring it to boil.
- Close the lid of the instant pot.
- Set the instant pot to “Manual” at high pressure for 40 minutes, release the pressure naturally through steam vent.
- Open the lid of the instant pot and transfer chicken on the serving plate.
- Add pumpkin seeds and cilantro in a blend and blend until smooth.
- Now add this in the instant pot.
- Shred chicken and add it in the instant pot.
- Mix well and serve.
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.