This instant pot pork tamale is a delightful dish. Masa is so tender and when mixed with spicy pork mixture, the combination is divine. It gives a great pleasure to your family.
- 8 ounce package corn husks
- 3 1/2 cups warm water
- 10 ounce lard
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 cup chicken stok
- 3 1/4 cup Red Chile Pork
- 3 1/2 cup masa harina
- Preparation:Take a bowl and place husks in it.
- Pour hot water in the bowl and let them soak in for 30 minutes.
- Take stand mixer and add warm water, masa in it and mix well.
- Add baking powder, lard, stock and stock in it.
- Blend for 5 minutes, mixture should have the consistency of humus.
- To check whether the dough is right or not, add scoop of masa into a bowl of warm water. If it floats then it is good, otherwise you have to add more liquid.
- Set dough aside until you use it.
- Remove the husks from and water and pat dry them.
- On the center of each husk, place ¼ cup of dough.
- Spread the dough like 4 inch square keeping it ½ inch thick at center.
- Place 2 tablespoons of red chile pork in the center of masa.
- Fold the husk over and roll it into a tube.
- Fold up long end at the center.
- Tie a thin strip of husk around the center to make it secure.
- Repeat the process from 9 to 14 till all masa and husks have been used.
- Cooking in instant pot:Pour 2 cups of water in an instant pot.
- Place tamales on trivet with open ends facing upwards.
- Place trivet in the instant pot.
- Tamales should not touch the lid of the instant pot when lid is closed.
- Close the lid and set knob to sealing position.
- Set the instant pot to “Manual” at high pressure for 20 minutes, release the pressure naturally for 10 minutes.
- Open the lid of the instant pot.
- Place tamales out from trivet and let them set for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.