This instant pot pork tamale is a delightful dish. Masa is so tender and when mixed with spicy pork mixture, the combination is divine. It gives a great pleasure to your family.
Instant Pot Pork Tamale Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 2 hours
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours 20 minutes
- 8 ounce package corn husks
- 3 1/2 cups warm water
- 10 ounce lard
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 cup chicken stok
- 3 1/4 cup Red Chile Pork
- 3 1/2 cup masa harina
- Preparation:Take a bowl and place husks in it.
- Pour hot water in the bowl and let them soak in for 30 minutes.
- Take stand mixer and add warm water, masa in it and mix well.
- Add baking powder, lard, stock and stock in it.
- Blend for 5 minutes, mixture should have the consistency of humus.
- To check whether the dough is right or not, add scoop of masa into a bowl of warm water. If it floats then it is good, otherwise you have to add more liquid.
- Set dough aside until you use it.
- Remove the husks from and water and pat dry them.
- On the center of each husk, place ¼ cup of dough.
- Spread the dough like 4 inch square keeping it ½ inch thick at center.
- Place 2 tablespoons of red chile pork in the center of masa.
- Fold the husk over and roll it into a tube.
- Fold up long end at the center.
- Tie a thin strip of husk around the center to make it secure.
- Repeat the process from 9 to 14 till all masa and husks have been used.
- Cooking in instant pot:Pour 2 cups of water in an instant pot.
- Place tamales on trivet with open ends facing upwards.
- Place trivet in the instant pot.
- Tamales should not touch the lid of the instant pot when lid is closed.
- Close the lid and set knob to sealing position.
- Set the instant pot to “Manual” at high pressure for 20 minutes, release the pressure naturally for 10 minutes.
- Open the lid of the instant pot.
- Place tamales out from trivet and let them set for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.
This recipe is part of my FREE recipe index, where you can find the best Instant Pot recipes. If you love this recipe, please pin and share it. Thanks!
Instant Pot Recipes? Corrie Cooks