Marinating roast a day before in the mix spices brings richness in taste and flavor, it is a perfect Mexican recipe to serve as a main course.
Instant Pot Pork Lettuce Wraps Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 4 lb pork roast
- 1 butter lettuce head
- 2 carrots grated
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 limes
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder unsweetened
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp powdered garlic
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 1 tbsp salt
- pinch coriander
- pinch Cayenne pepper
- Mix all the spices listed one day before cooking the meat, cut the roast into appropriate pieces and rub the spices and onion on it, wrap it in butcher’s paper and put in refrigerator for overnight.
- Put the roast in an instant pot and cook until it is brown from all sides, add 2 cups water into it.
- Lock the lid and cook at manual “high” pressure for 50-60 minutes, release the pressure naturally.
- Take out the meat and shred it.
- Cook the liquid in the pot until it remains half then strain it.
- In a pan put some vegetable oil and fry the pork until it is brown.
- Drizzle some liquid before serving, put carrots in lettuce cups on serving platter and fill with pork, squeeze fresh lime over it.
This recipe is part of our FREE Instant Pot Recipe Index, a huge collection of 1140 original and delicious recipes. If you love the recipe, please pin and share it. Thanks!
Instant Pot Recipes? Corrie Cooks