This is the chicken noodle soup with tasty chicken and flat noodles, a very soothing comfort food.
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 medium yellow onion halved
- 1/2 piece ginger sliced
- 1/2 tbsp coriander powder
- 2 tsp anisepods
- 3 clove
- 1/2 cinnamon stick
- 1 cardamom pod lightly crushed
- 2 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 4 cups water
- kosher salt to taste
- • Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cup rice noddles cooked
- 1 ½ scallions sliced
- 1 small handful fresh herbs, such as mint, cilantro, and Thai basil chopped
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- 1 jalapeno thinly sliced
- Preheat the Instant Pot by selecting Sauté on high heat.
- Add the oil, onion and the ginger cook for 4 minutes.
- Add the coriander, star anise, cloves, cinnamon stick, and cardamom and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the chicken, fish sauce, and sugar and immediately pour over the water.
- Secure the lid and cook under “Manual” and “High Pressure” for about 15 minutes.
- Select “Cancel” and release the pressure quickly.
- Place the cooked noodles into serving bowls.
- Add chicken onto the noodles with a spatula and pour over the broth.
- Top with scallions, herbs, lime, and jalapeño.
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.