This penne rigate pasta has a wonderful combination of penne pasta and vegetables that can be put together in no time in the instant pot.
Looking for more one-pot pasta meals?
- 1 small onion sliced
- 1 zucchini squash thickly sliced
- 450 g penne pasta
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 12 white mushrooms sliced
- Dash sherry wine
- pinch dried basil
- black pepper to taste
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 pinch dried oregano
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups water
- 1/8 cup parmesan cheese grated
- Set the instant pot to “Sauté” mode and add zucchini squashand half of olive oil.
- Sauté for about 2 minutes and dish out.
- Add rest of the oil, shallots and onions and sauté for about 3 minutes.
- Add garlic, salt and black pepper and sauté for about 1 minute.
- Add mushrooms, dried oregano and dried basil and cook for another minute.
- Pour sherry wine, homemade chicken stock, water, light soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce and fish sauce in the instant pot.
- Add penne pasta to the sauce and top with tomato paste.
- Secure the lid and cook under “Manual” at “High Pressure” for about 4 minutes.
- Select “Cancel” and release the pressure quickly after 5 minutes.
- Add crunchy zucchini squash and Parmesan cheese to serve.
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.