An amazing Italian dish made with veal shanks and vegetables, it is delicious in taste and is perfect recipe as a main course.
Instant Pot Osso Bucco rice Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- 4 veal ossobuccco shanks
- 1 carrot peeled and diced
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves diced
- 1/3 cup white or red wine
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup tinned tomatoes chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp parsley chopped
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 stick stick large and diced
- 1 cup organic rice
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp parsley chopped
- 1 garlic clove grated
- 1 lemon zest
- With salt and pepper season the meat.
- Add olive oil in an instant pot and press “sauté”.
- Add veal shanks and stir for 30 seconds, take out the shanks.
- Add onion, celery, one teaspoon of olive oil, carrots and a little bit of salt and pepper, stir frequently and cook for 5 minutes
- Add white or red wine and stir for another 30 seconds.
- Add the remaining contents except rice and stir then add the meat back into the pot and mix, stop the sauté process
- Lock the lid and seal the valve, cook for 45 minutes on manual “high” pressure
- Meanwhile soak, rinse and strain the rice.
- Release the pressure quickly and take out the meat pieces.
- Add the rice to the pot and stir then add meat pieces back so that it submerges slightly.
- Lock the lid and press “rice” function key and cook for 10 minutes.
- Mix the chopped parsley, garlic and lemon zest to make gremolata.
- Release the pressure naturally for 5 minutes and then quickly release it.
- Serve the ossobusso rice with gremolata.
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.