This old fashioned pot roast is juicy, tender and yummy. Once you have it you always want to have more.
I’m eating it with baked potatoes and a good beer :]
If you like this recipe, try out this Instant Pot London Broil which is very similar.
- 3 lb chuck roast
- black pepper to taste
- kosher salt to taste
- 1 1/2 tsbp canola oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 3 cup beef stock
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 sprig rosemary fresh
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 1/2 lb baby red potatoes
- 2 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- 4 carrots diagonally cut
- Turn on the instant pot and select sauté.
- Season beef with 1½ teaspoons of salt and 1 teaspoon black pepper.
- Add oil, beef and sauté for 3 minutes for each side.
- Add onions and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Further add tomato paste and garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- Stir in red wine, beef stock, thyme, rosemary, bay leaves, potato, carrots and Worcestershire sauce.
- Close the lid of the instant pot.
- Set the instant pot to “Manual” at high pressure for 60 minutes, release the pressure quickly through steam vent.
- Open the lid and remove potatoes, carrots and beef from instant pot.
- Take a bowl and whisk cornstarch with ¼ cup cold water, set it aside.
- Again, select sauté setting.
- Add cornstarch and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Serve beef, carrots and tomatoes with this juice and enjoy.
Instant Pot Recipes? Corrie Cooks