Lamb stew is juicy and soupy. It has an amazing taste. It is a great treat for your family and they’ll love it.
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 3 lb lamb stew meat cut into 1½ inch cubes
- 2 onions diced
- 12 garlic cloves rough chopped
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp coriander
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 4 tbsp honey
- 2 cups chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup raisins or dried apricots chopped
- salt to taste
- Add olive oil in the inner pot of Instant pot and select “Sauté”.
- Then, add onions and sauté for about 4 minutes.
- Add lamb, garlic, all the spices and salt and sauté for about 5 minutes.
- Add honey, tomato paste, vinegar, stock, chickpeas and raisins in the Instant pot. Stir well.
- Cover the lid and press the “Manual” button.
- Cook for about 50 minutes on HIGH pressure and release the pressure naturally through the steam vent.
- Open the lid and stir well.
- Dish out and serve.
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.