Instant Pot Mexican Lamb Shanks
- 1½ pound lamb shanks trimmed and cut into 1½-inch cubes
- 1/2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/4 cup roasted tomato salsa
- 1/2 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tbsp ghee
- 1/2 onion sliced thinly
- 3 garlic cloves peeled and smashed
- 1/2 cup homemade beef broth
- to taste Salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a large bowl, add lamb shanks, chili powder, salt and black pepper and toss to coat well.
Place the ghee in the Instant Pot and select “Sauté”. Then add the onions and cook for about 3-4 minutes.
Stir in the garlic and tomato paste and cook for about 1 minute.
Select the “Cancel” and stir in lamb shanks, salsa and broth.
Secure the lid and select “Meat/Stew” and just use the default time of 25 minutes.
Select the “Cancel” and carefully do a Natural release.
Remove the lid and serve hot.
If you loved this recipe, give it love. Thanks!