This is incredible and nutritious recipe for your lunch which has a spicy flavor.
- 1½ pound lamb shanks trimmed and cut into 1½-inch cubes
- 1/2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/4 cup roasted tomato salsa
- 1/2 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tbsp ghee
- 1/2 onion sliced thinly
- 3 garlic cloves peeled and smashed
- 1/2 cup homemade beef broth
- to taste Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, add lamb shanks, chili powder, salt and black pepper and toss to coat well.
- Place the ghee in the Instant Pot and select “Sauté”. Then add the onions and cook for about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and tomato paste and cook for about 1 minute.
- Select “Cancel” and stir in lamb shanks, salsa and broth.
- Secure the lid and select “Meat/Stew” and just use the default time of 25 minutes.
- Select “Cancel” and carefully do a Natural release.
- Remove the lid and serve hot.
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.