This chicken recipe of pressure cooker Mexican Chicken, is an explosion a savor. Every bites will make you feel like you are in Mexico !
The chicken is so juicy and spicy at the the same. Serve it on rice with steamed vegetables and you have a delicious dinner to serve to your family.
Please note, for this recipe we use a natural steam release for 10 minutes and only after 10 minutes we release the steam manually. Don’t worry – it’s super easy to do: White till your Instant Pot show L0:10 and then release the pressure.
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound chicken breast in cubes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1. 15 ounce can fire-roasted diced tomatoes in their juices
- chopped fresh cilantro optionel
- Turn the Instant Pot to on sauté and add the oil. Add chicken and salt and cook and stirring for about 3 minutes.
- Add chili powder, cumin, and garlic powder and stir to combine.
- Add the diced tomatoes and... stir.
- Close the lid and cook at high pressure for 8 minutes.
- When cooking time ends, allow a natural pressure release for 10 minutes, and then do quick pressure release.
- Remove the lid and stir.
- Serve hot with rice and any desired toppings.