Pasta casseroles are famous among all, especially the kids. This meat loaded pasta casserole is, therefore, a must to have for weeknights.
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 medium carrot chopped
- 1 swig red wine optional
- 14.5 oz tomato puree
- 1/2 lb penne pasta or rigatoni
- 2/3 lb ground beef
- 1 cup mozzarella shredded
- salt and pepper to season
- Select “Sauté” function on the Instant Pot pressure cooker.
- Add butter, onion, celery and carrot to its cooking pot.
- Sauté until soft then add ground beef, pepper and salt.
- Stir cook for 10 minutes until brown.
- Add tomato puree, pasta, salt and enough water to cover the pasta.
- Secure the lid and cook on “Manual” function for 5 minutes at high pressure.
- Release the pressure through quick release and remove the lid.
- Grease a casserole dish and transfer the beef mixture to the dish.
- Top it with mozzarella and broil for 5 minutes in the broiler until golden brown.
- Serve warm.
Calories: 212kcal Carbohydrates: 7g Protein: 14g Fat: 14g Saturated Fat: 6g Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g Monounsaturated Fat: 6g Trans Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 51mg Sodium: 173mg Potassium: 455mg Fiber: 1g Sugar: 4g Vitamin A: 480IU Vitamin C: 7mg Calcium: 119mg Iron: 2mg
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.