Pasta casseroles are famous among all, especially the kids. This meat loaded pasta casserole is, therefore, a must to have for weeknights.
Instant Pot Meaty Pasta Casserole Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 medium carrot chopped
- 1 swig red wine optional
- 14.5 oz tomato puree
- 1/2 lb penne pasta or rigatoni
- 2/3 lb ground beef
- 1 cup mozzarella shredded
- salt and pepper to season
- Select “Sauté” function on the Instant Pot pressure cooker.
- Add butter, onion, celery and carrot to its cooking pot.
- Sauté until soft then add ground beef, pepper and salt.
- Stir cook for 10 minutes until brown.
- Add tomato puree, pasta, salt and enough water to cover the pasta.
- Secure the lid and cook on “Manual” function for 5 minutes at high pressure.
- Release the pressure through quick release and remove the lid.
- Grease a casserole dish and transfer the beef mixture to the dish.
- Top it with mozzarella and broil for 5 minutes in the broiler until golden brown.
- Serve warm.
This recipe is part of my FREE recipe index, where you can find the best Instant Pot recipes. If you love this recipe, please pin and share it. Thanks!
Instant Pot Recipes? Corrie Cooks