Try this easy technique of Instant Pot to give your boiled eggs a distinctive and elegant look.
These marbled eggs are great and unique snack from Chinese cuisine.
- 3 black tea bags
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon zest grated finely
- 1 tbsp juniper berries
- 1 tsp whole cloves
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp black peppercorns
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 4 large hard boiled eggs cooled
- In a small pan, mix together all ingredients except soy sauce and eggs over medium heat and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and transfer the mixture into a heatproof bowl.
- Carefully, crack the outer shell of eggs.
- Place soy sauce and eggs in the bowl with teabags mixture.
- With a piece of foil, cover the bowl.
- Arrange the steamer basket in the bottom of Instant Pot.
- Fold a larger piece of foil paper in thirds to make a little carrier.
- Arrange the foil in steamer trivet.
- Place the bowl over foil paper. Now, fold the foil down around the edges of the bowl.
- Secure the lid and turn to “Seal” position.
- Cook on “Manual” with “Low Pressure” for about 20 minutes.
- Press “Cancel” and do a quick release.
- Remove the lid and transfer the eggs into a bowl.
- Set aside to cool.
- Peel the eggs and serve.
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.