It is a very easy Indian dish that is cooked in many regions. It has a pleasant taste and is loved by everyone.
- 1 cup split pigeon pea or toor dal washed
- 1 ripe mango cut into small pieces
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 6 curry leaves
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 tomato chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 3 cups water
- cilantro to garnish
- Add oil, mustard seeds and curry leaves in the inner pot of Instant pot. Select “Sauté”.
- After 30 seconds, add chopped onions.
- Sauté for 3 minutes and add tomatoes, salt and turmeric powder.
- Then, add water and lentils. Stir well.
- Press the “Cancel” button and close the lid of Instant pot.
- Now, press the “Manual” button and cook for about 3 minutes on HIGH pressure.
- Release the pressure quickly through the steam vent and open the lid.
- Dish out and garnish with cilantro.
- Serve and enjoy!
Calories: 51kcal Carbohydrates: 4g Protein: 1g Fat: 4g Saturated Fat: 1g Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g Monounsaturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 1g Sodium: 593mg Potassium: 122mg Fiber: 1g Sugar: 2g Vitamin A: 314IU Vitamin C: 36mg Calcium: 23mg Iron: 1mg
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.