One of the restaurant style lentils recipe… This popular Indian recipe is prepared with black gram lentils,red kidney beans, butter and spices.
- 1 cup black gram lentils rinsed,soaked for 4 hours and drained
- 1/4 cup red kidney beans
- 3 tbsp butter divided
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger minced
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 2 medium tomatoes chopped
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- to taste salt
- 3 cups water
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro chopped
- Place 1 tablespoon of the butter in the Instant Pot and select “Sauté”. Then add the cumin seeds and cook for about 1 minute.
- Add the onions, garlic and ginger and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, spices and salt and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Press “Cancel” and stir in the lentils, beans and water.
- Secure the lid and turn to “Seal” position.
- Select “Bean/Chili” and just use the default time of 30 minutes.
- Press “Cancel” and allow a natural release.
- Remove the lid and stir in the lemon juice.
- Top with the remaining utter and serve hot with the garnishing of cilantro.
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.