One of the restaurant style lentils recipe… This popular Indian recipe is prepared with black gram lentils,red kidney beans, butter and spices.
Instant Pot Makhani Daal Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 36 minutes
Total Time: 51 minutes
- 1 cup black gram lentils rinsed,soaked for 4 hours and drained
- 1/4 cup red kidney beans
- 3 tbsp butter divided
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger minced
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 2 medium tomatoes chopped
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- to taste salt
- 3 cups water
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro chopped
- Place 1 tablespoon of the butter in the Instant Pot and select “Sauté”. Then add the cumin seeds and cook for about 1 minute.
- Add the onions, garlic and ginger and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, spices and salt and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Press “Cancel” and stir in the lentils, beans and water.
- Secure the lid and turn to “Seal” position.
- Select “Bean/Chili” and just use the default time of 30 minutes.
- Press “Cancel” and allow a natural release.
- Remove the lid and stir in the lemon juice.
- Top with the remaining utter and serve hot with the garnishing of cilantro.
This recipe is part of our FREE Instant Pot Recipe Index, a huge collection of 1140 original and delicious recipes. If you love the recipe, please pin and share it. Thanks!
Instant Pot Recipes? Corrie Cooks