Mac and cheese is one of the most popular dishes over the world. It’s easy to make and kid friendly, which makes it a great & filling dinner for the whole family.
There are many upgrade options for this recipe. You can make it using spinach & pine nuts or any other vegetable you like (or want your children to like…).
I even found a vegan mac and cheese recipe which looks amazing. It’s from the blog Eat With Clarity and I’m sure your vegan friends will like it.
- 16 oz elbow macaroni
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8 oz ricotta cheese
- 1 sprig parsley or basil finely chopped
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup pecorino Romano grated
- Select “Manual” function on the Instant Pot pressure cooker.
- Set the timer to 6 minutes with high-pressure settings.
- Add oil, pasta, salt and enough water to cover the pasta.
- Seal the lid and cook for 6 minutes.
- Release the steam through quick pressure release.
- Remove the lid and stir in ricotta cheese and parsley.
- Garnish with Pecorino Romano.
- Serve warm.
If you loved this recipe, please pin and share it. Thanks!