Try this unbelievably delicious and soft chicken liver pate’ for a snack or as a an appetizer for a diner party… Surely this dietary dish will appeal to both kids and adults as well.
Instant Pot Liver Pate' with Capers Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped roughly
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3/4 lb chicken livers
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 2 anchovies in oil
- 1 tbsp capers
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp rum
- Place the oil in the Instant Pot and select “Sauté”. Then add the onion with a little salt and black pepper for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chicken livers and bay leaf and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add the red wine and scrape brown bits from bottom.
- Select “Cancel” and stir the mixture once.
- Secure the lid and turn to “Seal” position.
- Cook on “Manual” with “High Pressure” for about 5 minutes.
- Press “Cancel” and allow a natural release.
- Remove the lid and discard the bay leaf.
- Stir in anchovies and capers and with a stick blender, blend the mixture until pureed.
- Stir in butter and rum and transfer into a bowl.
- Refrigerate to chill before serving.
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.