It is an exquisite curry made up of edamame and lentils.
It originates from India but is cooked all over the world since it’s really good (and healthy!)
Instant Pot Lentil-Edamame in Tangy South Indian Curry Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 18 minutes
Total Time: 28 minutes
- 1 cup dried lentils
- 2 cups edamame
- 1 tsp black mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 10 curry leaves coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup red onions chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes chopped
- 1 tsp tamarind paste
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 tsp fennel seeds
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 pinch gluten free asafetida
- 4 garlic cloves chopped
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp cayenne
- 1 cup coconut milk canned
- salt to taste
- Add oil, fennel, fenugreek and mustard seeds in the inner pot of Instant pot. Select “Sauté”.
- After 30 seconds, add curry leaves, asafetida, onion and garlic in the Instant pot.
- Cook for about 4 minutes and stir in tomato, coriander powder, cayenne and tamarind.
- Cook for about 7 minutes and add edamame, lentils, coconut milk, salt and water.
- Now, close the lid and press the “Manual” button.
- Cook for about 6 minutes on HIGH pressure and release the pressure naturally through the steam vent.
- Select “Cancel” and release the pressure naturally through the steam vent.
- Open the lid and dish out.
- Serve and enjoy!
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.