It is a very easy dish with pleasant taste and is quite healthy. It originates from India but is cooked all over the world.
- 1/2 cup split green moong lentils washed
- 1/2 cup white rice washed
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1/2 tbsp ginger paste
- 1 tomato chopped
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 onion chopped
- cilantro to garnish
- 1/2 cup carrots cut into small pieces
- 1 potato cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 1/4 tsp red chili powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Add oil, cumin seeds, ginger and onions in the inner pot of Instant pot. Select “Sauté”.
- After 3 minutes, add veggies and spices. Mix well.
- Now, add rice, lentils and water and press the “Cancel” button.
- Then, close the lid and press the “Manual” button.
- Cook for about 5 minutes on HIGH pressure and release the pressure naturally through the steam vent.
- Open the lid and fluff the rice with spatula.
- Dish out and serve hot.
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.