It is a very easy dish with pleasant taste and is quite healthy. It originates from India but is cooked all over the world.
Instant Pot Lentil and Vegetable Khichdi Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 8 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Total Time: 16 minutes
- 1/2 cup split green moong lentils washed
- 1/2 cup white rice washed
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1/2 tbsp ginger paste
- 1 tomato chopped
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 onion chopped
- cilantro to garnish
- 1/2 cup carrots cut into small pieces
- 1 potato cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 1/4 tsp red chili powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Add oil, cumin seeds, ginger and onions in the inner pot of Instant pot. Select “Sauté”.
- After 3 minutes, add veggies and spices. Mix well.
- Now, add rice, lentils and water and press the “Cancel” button.
- Then, close the lid and press the “Manual” button.
- Cook for about 5 minutes on HIGH pressure and release the pressure naturally through the steam vent.
- Open the lid and fluff the rice with spatula.
- Dish out and serve hot.
This recipe is part of our FREE Instant Pot Recipe Index, a huge collection of 1140 original and delicious recipes. If you love the recipe, please pin and share it. Thanks!
Instant Pot Recipes? Corrie Cooks