A recipe of drumsticks with refreshingly tasty ingredients… Definitely you will make these lemony drumsticks again and again.
Instant Pot Lemony Chicken Drumsticks Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 large yellow onion peeled and cut into wedges
- to taste salt
- 4(6-ounce) skin on chicken drumsticks
- 1/4 tsp red chili powder
- to taste Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup canned diced tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic peeled
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme leaves minced
- 1 tsp fresh lemon zest grated finely
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Place the oil in the Instant Pot and select “Sauté”. Then add the onionand a little of salt and cook for about 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the chicken drumsticks, salt, chili powder ad black pepper and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Press “Cancel” and stir in tomatoes, garlic, thyme, lemon zest and lemon juice.
- Secure the lid and turn to “Seal” position.
- Cook on “Manual” with “High Pressure” for about 15 minutes.
- Press “Cancel” and allow a natural release for about5 minutes and then do a quick release.
- Remove the lid and serve chicken drumsticks with pan gravy.
This recipe is part of our FREE Instant Pot Recipe Index, a huge collection of 1140 original and delicious recipes. If you love the recipe, please pin and share it. Thanks!
Instant Pot Recipes? Corrie Cooks