This is a perfect recipe of tender and juicy lemon chicken Thighs. It takes only 10 minutes and yet has a wonderful taste.
Serve over Instant Pot mashed sweet potatoes for a complete meal.
If you like this recipe, check out this Instant Pot Lemon Garlic Chicken, a similar recipe with a different sauce.
How to make Lemon Chicken Thighs
Gather your ingredients:
In a bowl combine lemon zest, thyme, garlic, salt, and pepper.
Brush your chicken with olive oil and rub with lemon mixture.
Saute 2 (working in bathes for the best results) chicken things until golden 2-3 min per side.
Place the chicken on a trivet and add chicken broth and fresh lemon juice.
Set manual setting in high pressure, close the lid, and set 6 minutes. After that do a quick release. Remove the meat and serve.
Bonus for those of you who actually read the detailed instructions – Homemade Gravy!
How to make Instant Pot Gravy
Just combine in a small bowl 1 Tbsp water with 1 Tbsp cornstarch.
Add to the liquid and saute for 2 minutes until thicker.
Serve or keep for later use 🙂
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon zest
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 pound chicken thighs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- In a bowl combine lemon zest, thyme, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Brush your chicken with olive oil and rub with the mixture.
- Saute chicken on both sides for a few minutes until golden.
- Take out the chicken and place a trivet on the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Add chicken broth and lemon juice.
- Place the chicken on a trivet and close the lid.
- Cook on high pressure for
- Set manual setting in high pressure, close the lid, and set 6 minutes. After that do a quick release. Remove the meat and serve.
- When cooking time is complete, do a quick pressure release.
- Take out the chicken and serve 🙂
For the gravy
- Mix 1 tbsp of water with 1 tbsp of cornstarch.
- Add to the Instant Pot and saute for 2 minutes until thicker.