One of the best and succulent main course recipes for special holiday dinner table… Combo of lemon juice and fresh herbs gives a refreshingly delicious touch to this leg of lamb.
Instant Pot Leg of Lamb Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 27 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 47 minutes
- 1 (4-pound) bone-in leg of lamb
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion sliced thinly
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth divided
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 6 garlic cloves crushed
- 6 fresh thyme sprigs
- 3 fresh rosemary sprigs
- Season the leg of lamb with salt and black pepper generously
- Place the oil in the Instant Pot and select “Sauté”. Then add the leg of lamb and sear for about 4 minutes per side or until browned completely.
- Transfer the leg of lamb into a large plate.
- Now, add onion and a little salt and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add a little broth and cook for about 2 minutes, scraping the brown bits from bottom.
- Press “Cancel” and stir in the cooked leg of lamb and remaining ingredients.
- Secure the lid and turn to “Seal” position.
- Cook on “Manual” with “High Pressure” for about 75 minutes.
- Press “Cancel” and allow a natural release.
- Remove the lid and with tongs, transfer the leg of lamb onto a cutting board.
- With a strainer, strain the pan liquid into a bowl, discarding the solids.
- Cut the leg of lamb into desired sized slices.
- Pour strained liquid over sliced leg of lamb and serve.
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.