A truly outstanding meat dish for your dinner table… Colorful bell pepper and tomatoes shines nicely with lamb shoulder.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions sliced thinly
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 lb lamb shoulder trimmed and cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 (14-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp dried oregano crushed
- 1 tsp dried basil crushed
- to taste Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large green bell pepper seeded and cut into slices
- 1 large red bell pepper seeded and cut into slices
- 1 large yellow bell pepper seeded and cut into slices
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- Place the oil in the Instant Pot and select “Sauté”. Then add the onion and garlic and cook for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the vinegar and scrape the brown bits from the bottom.
- Press “Cancel” and stir in lamb, tomatoes, tomato paste, bay leaves, herbs, salt and black pepper.
- Secure the lid and turn to “Seal” position.
- Cook on “Manual” with “High Pressure” for about 15 minutes.
- Press “Cancel” and allow a natural release.
- Remove the lid and select “Sauté”.
- Stir in bell peppers and cook for about 4-5 minutes or until desired doneness.
- Press “Cancel” and stir in parsley.
- Serve hot.
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.