This is the staple of Korean fine dining, but too expensive in the restaurants. It is simple to make at home and will leave your family and friends asking for more.
- 1 tbsp hot chili powder
- 2 lb pork spare ribs
- 1 tbsp sweet paprika
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp ground black pepper
- 1 cup dry cider
- 2 tbsp Sriracha
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp ginger freshly grated
- 1 tbsp cornflour diluted in 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 tbsp garlic salt
- 3 tbsp peanut oil
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 2 tbsp Asian fish sauce
- 4 large garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp lime juice
- Zest of 1 lime to garnish
- Season spare ribs with the paprika, garlic salt,chili flakes, salt and pepper.
- Mix together ketchup, gochujang paste, fish sauce, soy sauce, garlic, ginger and brown sugar in a small bowl.
- Set the instant pot to “Sauté” mode and add oil and spare ribs.
- Sauté for about 2 minutes on each side and add marinade and cider.
- Secure the lid and cook under “Manual” at “High Pressure” for about 30 minutes.
- Select “Cancel” and release the pressure naturally.
- Transfer the ribs, meat side up to a rimmed baking sheet.
- Set the instant pot to “Sauté” mode and adddiluted cornflour.
- Sauté for about 5 minutes and stir in the lime juice.
- Preheat the grill and add ribs glazed with the sauce.
- Grill for about 3 minutes and top with lime zest.
- Serve with some extra sauce and enjoy.
Calories: 529kcal Carbohydrates: 8g Protein: 25g Fat: 43g Saturated Fat: 13g Polyunsaturated Fat: 8g Monounsaturated Fat: 16g Trans Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 121mg Sodium: 3030mg Potassium: 463mg Fiber: 1g Sugar: 7g Vitamin A: 611IU Vitamin C: 4mg Calcium: 37mg Iron: 2mg
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.