This dish is the first choice for proteinaceous diet for your mid-day hunger pangs..
Instant Pot Kidney Beans Curry Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 cup dried red kidney beans soaked for overnight and drained
- 1/4 cup split chickpeas soaked for overnight and drained
- 4 cup water
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tsp garlic minced
- 1 large tomato chopped finely
- 2 medium onions chopped
- 3 tsp fresh ginger minced
- 1½ tsp ground coriander
- 1½ tsp ground turmeric
- 1½ tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp fresh cilantro chopped
- Put the olive oil, garlic, ginger and onions in the Instant Pot and select “Sauté”.
- Sauté for 3 minutes and add ground coriander, ground turmeric, ground cumin, red chilli powder and salt.
- Sauté for 3 minutes and add water, tomatoes, beans and split chickpeas.
- Set the Instant Pot to “Manual” at high pressure for 18 minutes.
- Release the pressure naturally and garnish with fresh cilantro.
This recipe is part of our FREE Instant Pot Recipe Index, a huge collection of 1140 original and delicious recipes. If you love the recipe, please pin and share it. Thanks!
Instant Pot Recipes? Corrie Cooks