Instant Pot Jackfruit Pozole
- 14 oz white hominy drained, rinsed
- 2½ Chile guajillo dried, stemmed and seeded
- 2 ½ Chile de arbol dried, stemmed and seeded
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 10 oz young green jackfruit brine drained
- 1½ quarts vegetable stock
- 1 Chile ancho dried, stemmed and seeded
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 zucchini medium, cut into dice
- 3 red radishes sliced
- 1/2 green cabbage thinly sliced
- 1/2 bag corn chips
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 2 limes cut into quarters
Add vegetable stock and hominy in the instant pot and simmer it.
Add water, Chile ancho, arbol and gaujillo in the instant pot.
Let it boil over medium-high heat and simmer it for 10 minutes.
Add Chile water, garlic, onion and Chiles in a blender. Blend until smooth.
Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a sauté pan and add jackfruit in it.
Cook for 3-4 minutes until it begins to brown.
Pour the Chile sauce over the jackfruit and reduce the heat.
With the help of fork, shred the jackfruit when it is cooked.
Now, take out the simmering hominy mixture from the instant pot and blend it.
Place it again in the instant pot and add shredded jackfruit and zucchini in it.
Simmer it for 8-10 minutes and serve.
If you loved this recipe, give it love. Thanks!