Anyway, it makes a really nutritious and filling dish, so feel free to try it at home! For a more authentic recipe, try to shred your sausage or use ground beef to prepare a sort of Italian “ragù” (a meat and tomato pasta sauce).
Instant Pot Italian Sausage & Peppers in Marinara Sauce
- 14 oz pasta
- 2 cups water
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup marinara sauce
- 6 tomatoes chopped
- 4 Italian sausages
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 bell pepper chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Pour olive oil into your Instant Pot, then add onion, garlic, tomatoes and bell pepper.
- Press “Sauté” and cook for 3 minutes, until veggies turn soft.
- Add also your sausages and cook for another 3 minutes, until they brown on each side.
- Add pasta, marinara sauce, and salt, then pour water.
- Cook at high pressure for 5 minutes.
- Quickly release the steam.
- Add parmesan cheese and press “Sauté” again.
- Cook for about 2 minutes, until cheese melts and liquids completely evaporate.
If you loved this recipe, give it love. Thanks!