Enjoy a saucy rooster recipe with simple steps and basic ingredients. It can be served best with warm bread or tortilla.
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb chopped hen
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 bell peppers
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 (16 oz.) can diced tomatoes in their juices
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tsp dried basil
- salt and pepepr to saeson
- Select “Sauté” function on the Instant Pot pressure cooker.
- Add oil and hen to the cooker and cook until golden brown.
- Transfer the hen to a plate and keep it aside.
- Add onions, garlic and bell peppers to the cooker.
- Sauté for 3 to 5 minutes then stir in all the remaining ingredients.
- Mix well and secure the lid.
- Cook on “Manual” function for 10 minutes at high pressure.
- Release the steam through quick pressure release.
- Remove the lid.
- Serve warm with pasta or noodles.
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.