In today’s article, we are going to review one of the most popular models of one of the most selling brands, the Instant Pot IP-LUX60 v3!
Before we get into discussing the features and details and opinions about this electric pressure cooker, we must first understand the way in which they are named by the Instant Pot. The name starts with IP, this means Instant Pot and that was obvious. Then, there are three letters that denote the series such as the IP-DUO or the IP-LUX (as in this case).
Note – This article is actually just one of a series of reviews. You can see all of my Instant Pot reviews here.
This is followed directly by two numbers at the end of the two letters which indicate the size/volume of the model such as the IP-DUO50 and IP-DUO60 (click here for the differences between the IP-DUO50 and IP-DUO60 so you can have an understanding about the differences if everything except this number is same.)
Finally, this might be followed by V(number) which denotes the version, for example, the present model in discussion, the Instant Pot IP-LUX60 V3 is the third version.
Now let us keep these points and proceed to discuss the main features of the IP-LUX60
What are the main features of the IP-LUX60 V3?
The IP-LUX60 v3, as is obvious by the name is the third version of the LUX series of the Instant Pot line of products. The Instant Pot line of products is well known because of the quality and efficiency that it ensues at a reasonable price range. This is why it is one of the bestselling brands when it comes to electric pressure cookers.
The main features of the IP-LUX60 V3 are as follows:
- It was brought out by the Instant Pot in 2017 as an upgraded model for the Instant Pot LUX60.
- It has a volume of 6 quarts, and all the features that the earlier versions provided plus the extra features of Cake and Egg cooking programs.
- This is the only Instant Pot pressure cooker that doesn’t offer you with the yogurt maker function. [We would like to remind you that while once it was exclusive to the Instant Pot, a few other line of products also have it on select models, such as the upcoming Fagor LUX 360.
- Besides that, this model has a silent operation mode where it does what it is required to do without making too much noise, ideal for maintaining the ambiance of your kitchen!
- It gives you up to 240 minutes of pressure cooking time as opposed to 120 minutes in the earlier versions of the Instant Pot LUX60.
- Frankly, this model also brings to you Extensive Safety Mechanisms Throughout the Cooker.
- In fact, the safety mechanism even has a system here where the power gets automatically cut off if the pressure cooker gets hot over a certain point.
- It cooks only on high pressure, the usual pressure range of this pressure cooker is 10.2 to 11.6 psi. It can be safely used even at such high pressure because it has a safety measure that ensures that the pressure never reaches higher than 15.23 psi.
- It boasts of a Magnetic Sensor for Lid Position Detection monitors whether the lid is in an unsafe zone for pressure cooking.
- It also boasts of a new soup/broth program where you can easily cook even rich bone broth in a time of 4 hours while you just set the electric pressure cooker on broth cook and go away from it.
- This electric pressure cooker is also a very economic model. It is even cheaper than the earlier IP-LUX60 versions.
The cons of the IP-LUX60 V3:
The IP-LUX60 V3 can do all that the other IP-LUX60 models can and more. It has some excess functions and modes which gives it an advantage over them. However, there are still a few minor cons that this model has, these might be listed now to make the review reasonable from all the aspects. The noteworthy CONS of this model are as follows:
- This is one model and that makes this somewhat invalid, but still it has a volume of only 6 quarts, there is no other option unless you are fine picking up the v2 LUX50 option.
- This model has no color variants. It only comes in the default silver color and it is unable to offer any aesthetic choice to the prospective buyer.
- The V3 still doesn’t let you make yogurt – you have to upgrade to any of the DUO models for that cooking mode.
- The pressure cooker is not able to provide you with the specialties that some other line of products offer you, such as the “Flavor Infusion Technology” of the Power Pressure Cooker XL (click here for the differences between the Instant Pot and the Power Pressure Cooker XL).
The technical specifications of this model are as follows:
The technical details of the IP-LUX60 Version 3 are as follows:
- It has a volume of 6 quarts.
- It has a gross weight of 14.57 pounds.
- It has a Wattage of 1000.
- It has a voltage rating of 110v/60Hz.
- It comes with some important accessories that come in really handy to people who buy it.
The main competitors of this model:
This model has quite a few competitors which we might divide based on several perspectives. Let us do that without further ado.
From the perspective of functionality, the greatest competitor of this model are the other Instant Pot Models (click here for the differences between the IP-DUO60 and the IP-LUX60). Besides that, the Power Pressure Cooker XL and Fagor are also important competitors.
From the perspective of someone who is economically selective, the main competitors of this model are the other economically preferred pressure cookers such as the Fagor LUX and Cuisinart CPC-600 (click here for the differences between those two). If you are looking at economic pressure cookers, you might also want to take a look at those.
Finally, the right pressure cooker for you is entirely dependent on your specific needs. So keep them in mind, have your priorities sorted out and select wisely to get the most out of your investment. Corrie Cooks wishes you best of luck for all of your future purchases.