It is a nutritious dish containing peas and other ingredients that enhance taste. It has a very good aroma and is cooked in short time in Instant pot.
This pressure cooker Tofu Matar is great for vegans and anyone who has Lactose intolerance.
- 1 cup green peas
- 2 tomatoes
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp oil
- 10 oz tofu
- 1 onion
- 1 inch ginger
- 1 green chili
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp coconut cream
- 1 cup water
- cilantro to garnish
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- Blend onion, green chili, garlic and ginger in a blender to form a paste.
- Blend tomatoes to make another paste.
- Meanwhile, add oil and cumin seeds in the inner pot of Instant pot and select “Sauté”.
- After 30 seconds, add the onion paste and cook for about 4 minutes.
- Now, add in tomato paste, cook for about 3 minutes and stir in spices.
- Add tofu, green peas and water in the Instant pot and close the lid.
- Press the “Manual” button and cook for about 3 minutes on HIGH pressure.
- Press the “Cancel” button and release the pressure quickly through the steam vent.
- Open the lid and stir in coconut cream.
- Dish out and garnish with cilantro.
- Serve and enjoy!
Instant Pot Recipes? Corrie Cooks