Butter shrimps are a great treat to have. They fulfil your appetite and are delicious in taste. When served with mint chutney they become amazing.
Instant Pot Indian Butter Shrimp Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Cook Time: 18 minutes
Total Time: 58 minutes
- 2 lb large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup plain whole milk yogurt
- 2 tsp sweet smoked paprika
- 2 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp ginger freshly grated
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 shallots minced
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes crushed
- 1 cup tomato diced
- 1/2 tsp lime zest finely grated
- 1 1/2 tsp ginger grated
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- For marination take a bowl and mix yogurt, paprika, cumin, garam masala, lime juice, salt, garlic and shrimps in it.
- Set this aside for 30 minutes.
- Turn on the instant pot and select sauté.
- Add shallots and butter in it and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add salt, ginger and red pepper flakes and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Stir in cream and tomatoes.
- Close the lid of the instant pot.
- Set instant pot to Manual at high pressure and cook for 7 minutes. Release the pressure naturally through steam vent.
- Add lime zest and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Garnish it with cilantro.
This recipe is part of my FREE recipe index, where you can find the best Instant Pot recipes. If you love this recipe, please pin and share it. Thanks!
Instant Pot Recipes? Corrie Cooks