Beef curry made with Indian spices gives it a traditional exotic flavor. It is rich in fiber. You can serve it with naan or roti.
Instant Pot Indian Beef & Pumpkin Curry Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 2 lb beef boneless
- 2 yellow onions sliced
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 4 cups pumkin diced
- 4 carrots chopped
- 4 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp ginger grated
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves chopped
- 6 black peppercorns
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 black cardamom
- 6 cloves
- 2 tsp round cumin
- 2 tsp cardamom
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- Take a blender and add tomatoes, garlic and onions.
- Blend until a smooth mixture is formed.
- Turn on the instant pot and select sauté.
- Add oil, whole spices and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add onions, green chili, garlic, ginger and sauté for 4 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, coconut oil, carrots, fish sauce, spices and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add beef, water and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Press Cancel.
- Close the lid of the instant pot.
- Set instant pot to Manual at high pressure and cook for 5 minutes. Release the pressure naturally through steam vent.
- Serve hot and garnish it basil leaves.
This recipe is part of our FREE Instant Pot Recipe Index, a huge collection of 1139 original and delicious recipes. If you love the recipe, please pin and share it. Thanks!
Instant Pot Recipes? Corrie Cooks