It is a very delicious dish containing all the essential nutrients. It is a low in sodium and is a perfect treat for beef lovers.
Instant Pot Indian Beef Nihari Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 29 minutes
Total Time: 44 minutes
- 3 lb beef short ribs 6 pieces
- 4 tbsp split chickpeas/ channa dal roasted and grinded
- 1 cup ghee
- 3 yellow onions thinly sliced
- 16 garlic cloves peeled
- 30 ounce whole peeled tomatoes drained
- 2 cups yogurt plain
- 1 cup water
- 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp garam masala
- 4 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp cayenne
- salt to taste
- In a bowl, season beef with spices.
- Put ghee and onions in the inner pot of Instant pot. Select “Sauté”.
- After 5 minutes, transfer the onion mixture into the blender and add garlic, tomatoes and water. Blend well.
- Meanwhile, place the seasoned beef in the inner pot of Instant pot and sauté for about 4 minutes.
- Then, add split peas powder, onion mixture and yogurt in the Instant pot.
- Cover the lid and press the “Manual” button.
- Cook for about 20 minutes on HIGH pressure and release the pressure naturally through the steam vent.
- Uncover the lid and stir in lemon juice.
- Dish out and serve hot.
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.