Indian beef and pumpkin curry is nutritious, easy to make and a perfect choice for main course. It has a flavoursome aroma and exquisite taste.
- 2 lb beef boneless, 1-inch cubes
- 2 yellow onions diced
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 4 cups pumkin diced fresh
- 4 carrots chopped
- 4 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp ginger freshly grated
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves chopped
- 6 black peppercorns
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 black cardamom
- 6 cloves
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp cardamom
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- salt to taste
- Add tomatoes, onion and garlic in a blender and blend until the vegetables turn into a smooth puree.
- Meanwhile, add oil and other spices in the inner pot of Instant pot. Select “Sauté”.
- After 30 seconds, add chopped onions, green chili, ginger and garlic.
- Sauté for about 4 minutes and add chopped tomatoes, carrots, coconut oil, fish sauce and spices.
- Sauté for about 2 minutes and add beef.
- Again, sauté for about 2 minutes and add water.
- Press “Cancel” and close the lid of Instant pot.
- Press “Manual” button and cook for about 5 minutes on HIGH pressure.
- Release the pressure manually through the steam vent and open the lid.
- Dish out and garnish with basil leaves.
- Serve and enjoy!
Calories: 556kcal Carbohydrates: 15g Protein: 29g Fat: 43g Saturated Fat: 22g Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g Monounsaturated Fat: 14g Trans Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 107mg Sodium: 1080mg Potassium: 894mg Fiber: 4g Sugar: 5g Vitamin A: 7279IU Vitamin C: 13mg Calcium: 98mg Iron: 6mg
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.