This herbed chicken stew has all the colourful veggies along with wheat dumplings. Enjoy it with fresh bread.
- 1/4 cup refined flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 8 bone-in thighs, rooster
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 stalks celery finely chopped
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
- 12 oz baby carrots peeled and cut into halves
- 2½ cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup readymade dumplings
- Mix flour with salt and pepper in a ziplock bag.
- Add rooster thighs to the flour mixture and shake well to coat.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan. Fry coated rooster until golden brown.
- Transfer the rooster to a plate lined with paper towel and set it aside.
- Add all the remaining ingredients along with fried chicken to the Instant Pot cooking pot.
- Secure the lid and cook at “Manual” function for 10 minutes at high pressure.
- Release the pressure naturally and remove the lid.
- Serve warm.
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.