A popular and flavorful South Asian curry of ground chicken and peas… Ground chicken and peas are flavored with tomatoes, ginger, garlic and spices.
Instant Pot Ground Chicken & Peas Curry Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 13 minutes
Total Time: 28 minutes
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 1 tbsp chili pepper chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes chopped
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- to taste salt
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro
- Place the ghee in the Instant Pot and select “Sauté”. Then add the cumin seeds, cinnamon stick and bay leaf and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Add the onions, ginger, garlic and green chilies and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and spices and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Press “Cancel” and stir in the ground chicken and water.
- Secure the lid and turn to “Seal” position.
- Cook on “Manual” with “High Pressure” for about 5 minutes.
- Press “Cancel” and allow a natural release for about 10 minutes and then, do a quick release.
- Remove the lid and select “Sauté”.
- Stir in the green peas and lemon juice and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Press “Cancel” and serve hot with the garnishing of cilantro.
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.