A popular rice pilaf recipe or lunchtime
Green peas make great combination with basmati rice.
You can use jasmine rice as well.
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 large onion chopped finely
- to taste salt
- 2 large garlic cloves chopped finely
- 3 tbsp fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 cups basmati rice soaked for about 45 minutes and drained
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 2 1/4 cups vegetable broth
- Place the butter in the Instant Pot and select “Sauté”. Then add the cumin seeds and cook for about 1 minute.
- Add the onion and a pinch of salt and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add garlic, cilantro and turmeric and cook for about 1 minute.
- Press the “Cancel” and stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Secure the lid and turn to “Seal” position.
- Cook on “Manual” with “High Pressure” for about 4 minutes.
- Press the “Cancel” and allow a “Natural” release for about 5 minutes and then, allow a “Quick” release.
- Remove the lid and with a fork, fluff the rice.
- Serve warm.
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.