It is a nutritious, cheap and healthy dish made in instant pot. It has a very good taste and pleasant aroma.
- 1 cup green moong dal rinsed
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tbsp garlic minced
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tbsp ginger minced
- 1 onion diced
- 3 cups water
- cilantro to garnish
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Add oil, cumin seeds, garlic and onions in the inner pot of Instant pot.
- Select “Sauté” and add tomato, lentils, water and spices after 3 minutes.
- Press the “Cancel” button and cover the lid of Instant pot.
- Now, press the “Manual” button and cook for about 15 minutes on HIGH pressure.
- Release the pressure naturally through the steam vent.
- Uncover the lid and add lime juice and cilantro.
- Dish out and serve hot.
Calories: 50kcal Carbohydrates: 5g Protein: 1g Fat: 3g Saturated Fat: 1g Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g Monounsaturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 1g Sodium: 480mg Potassium: 177mg Fiber: 2g Sugar: 2g Vitamin A: 475IU Vitamin C: 10mg Calcium: 24mg Iron: 1mg
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.