It is nice mix of chicken with pinto beans and vegetables including carrots and onions. Enjoy it with warm tortilla. A great meal for the whole family!
Instant Pot Green Chicken Chili Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 55 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- 1 cup dried pinto beans soaked overnight
- 8 cup water
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 carrot diced
- 2 medium pink bell peppers diced
- 2 jalapeno peppers diced
- 4 garlic cloves
- 4 oz can chopped chili peppers
- 1 chipotle pepper diced
- 6 lb combined rooster items
- 4 cups hen broth
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- salt and pepper
- Select “Manual” function on the Instant Pot pressure cooker.
- Add vegetable oil, 5 cups water and pinto to its cooking pot.
- Secure the lid and cook for 45 minutes at high pressure.
- Release the pressure completely then remove the lid.
- Drain the beans and set them aside.
- Add oil to the same Instant Pot pressure cooker and select “Sauté” function on it.
- Stir in all the vegetables and sauté for 3 minutes.
- All the remaining ingredients and cook for 5 minutes.
- Secure the lid and select “Manual” function for 12 minutes at high pressure.
- Release the pressure naturally and remove the lid.
- Serve warm.
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.