Good gravyful chicken can rescue so many mundane meals and this one is fail-safe.
Instant Pot Gravyful Chicken Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 2 pound chicken
- 1¼ cup chicken broth
- 4 tbsp butter melted
- 2 tbsp chicken herbs rub
- 1 large onion quartered
- 4 stalks celery cut into large pieces
- 5 garlic cloves crushed
- 6 sprigs fresh herbs: rosemary, sage and thyme
- 20 g gravy mix
- Arrange the trivet in the Instant Pot and add chicken broth.
- Put the chicken on the trivet and pour melted butter over it.
- Sprinkle all the seasonings and herbs over the chicken top.
- Add onion, garlic and celery to the Instant Pot and cover the lid.
- Set the Instant Pot to “Manual” mode for 45 minutes at high pressure.
- Release the pressure naturally and dish out the chicken.
- Add gravy packets to the Instant pot and select “Sauté”.
- Sauté for 5 minutes and pour the gravy over chicken.
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.