These Instant Pot Christmas Gingerbread Cookies have all of the flavors that you would want in your dessert.
Christmas can't be completed without these delicious cookies and you can have them in your Instant Pot in only 20 minutes total!
The recipe requires minimal ingredients and half of the time that others take, so you have more time to decorate them and prepare your Christmas table 🙂
Please note that for this recipe we are using the Instant Por Air Fryer Lid.
Can I make it without Air Fryer Lid?
Follow the simple steps mentioned in the recipe card then do the following:
- Bake cookies in the oven at 350 °F for 12-14 minutes.
- Dish out and decorate once they cool down.
How to make the icing for decorating?
Can I skip brown sugar?
No. This recipe calls for only brown sugar so make sure to not skip or swap it if you want the best results.
What else can I add?
You can substitute plain flour with wheat.
You can also decrease the amount of sugar if you'd like or add more spices.
How to serve?
Serve in a platter or present as a Christmas gift this eve.
Can I make the dough ahead of time?
Yes, you can prepare the dough ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Thaw overnight before using and make the cookies.
How to store
Keep the cookies in a cool, dry place and save them from moisture.
How to make
Gather the necessary ingredients.
Take a bowl, crack an egg into it, add golden syrup, and whisk.
Get a chopper, add flour, soda, ginger, butter, cinnamon, sugar, and mix.
Now add whisked egg, and mix.
Take the mixture out, roll it and cut shapes out of it.
Place a fryer basket in the pot and transfer the cookies.
Cover the pot with an air fryer lid.
Bake at 395F for 6 minutes.
Dish out and decorate the cookies before serving.
Instant Pot Dessert Recipes
Instant Pot Christmas Gingerbread Cookies
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoon golden syrup
- 12 oz plain flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2 teaspoon fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 ½ oz butter
- 6 oz brown sugar
- Crack an egg into a bowl, add golden syrup, and whisk.
- In a food chopper, mix flour, soda, ginger, butter, cinnamon and brown sugar.
- Add the whisked egg and mix well.
- Take the mixture out and roll it into a ball.
- Using gingerbread cutters, cut out the shapes.
- Place the air fryer basket inside the Instant Pot and spray cooking spray.
- Place the cookies inside the basket (in one layer) and cover the pot with an air fryer lid.
- BAKE at 395 °F for 6 minutes.
- Open the lid and take out the cookies.
- Decorate the cookies.
- Serve and enjoy. Marry Christmas 🙂
Welcome to my kitchen! I am Corrie, the blogger behind Corrie Cooks. I run this blog with my wife since 2017, so you can enjoy quick, easy and delicious Instant Pot recipes. Thank you for stopping by 🙂