This cake is a perfect dessert for birthdays and Valentine’s Day parties.
- 2/3 cup chocolate chopped
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 2 organic eggs
- 1 tsp organic vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup arrowroot starch
- 3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder plus more for dusting
- pinch salt
- In the bottom of Instant Pot, arrange a steamer trivet and pour 2 cups of water.
- Place the chocolate into ramekin.
- Place the ramekin on top of trivet.
- Select “Sauté” and cook for about 2-3 minutes.
- Press “Cancel” and remove ramekins.
- In a bowl, add applesauce, eggs, and vanilla extract and beat until well combined.
- Add arrowroot, cocoa powder and salt and gently, stir to combine well.
- Stir in the melted chocolate.
- Generously, grease a 6-inch cake pan and then, dust with extra cocoa powder.
- Place the cake mixture into prepared cake pan evenly.
- Place the cake pan on top of trivet.
- Secure the lid and turn to “Seal” position.
- Cook on “Manual” with “High Pressure” for about 4 minutes.
- Press “Cancel” and do a quick release.
- Remove the lid and place the cake pan onto a wire rack to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Carefully invert the cake onto rack to cool compete before serving.
Calories: 132kcal Carbohydrates: 20g Protein: 1g Fat: 7g Saturated Fat: 4g Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g Monounsaturated Fat: 2g Sodium: 4mg Potassium: 110mg Fiber: 2g Sugar: 12g Vitamin A: 6IU Vitamin C: 1mg Calcium: 11mg Iron: 1mg
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.