Fiesta black beans and rice and can be used as the filling for burritos, nachos or wraps or eaten alone. It can also be paired well with a garden salad.
This Instant Pot black beans recipe is a vegan one-pot meal you can eat when you want something healthy.
Which type of rice to use?
For this recipe I’m using plain jasmine rice. You can use brown rice or even black rice instead, just remember to adjust the cooking tme.
- 1 small red onion chopped
- 1 cup white rice
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1½ cup cooked beans
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 (15-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 3/4 cup frozen corn
- Put the olive oil and garlic in the Instant Pot and select “Sauté”.
- Sauté for 1 minute and add the rice, water, spices, beans, corn, and tomatoes.
- Close the lid and cook for 7 minutes at high pressure.
- When cooking time ends, wait for a natural pressure release.
- Open the lid and serve 🙂