A yummy whole chicken seasoned with the goodness and richness of different spices. Exotic taste with delightful aroma. A great treat for everyone. Perfect for a fancy dinner.
Instant Pot Faux-tisserie Chicken Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 34 minutes
Total Time: 44 minutes
- 3 1/2 ln whole chicken
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1/2 yellow onion quartered
- 5 cloves white garlic end removed
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp basil dried
- Rub chicken with salt, pepper and oil.
- Place garlic cloves and onions into the chicken’s 2 cavities.
- Tie chicken legs together.
- Take a skillet, place it over high heat and add olive oil in it.
- Add chicken in skillet and brown it for 2 minutes each side.
- Remove chicken from skillet.
- Rub chicken with garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, cumin, basil inside and outside both.
- Place broth in the instant pot.
- Place chicken on the trivet and trivet in the instant pot.
- Chicken breast should be sided up.
- Close the lid of the instant pot and set valve to sealing.
- Press poultry button and set time for 25 minutes.
- After that, press cancel and let pot depressurize by itself for 15 minutes.
- Once done, switch sealing to venting.
- Once the full pressure has released, open the lid of the instant pot.
- Place chicken out and cut in pieces according to your desire.
- Serve and enjoy.
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.